Questions? Call us at 1.800.315.7678  



Obtain Marriage Records Online! Do you need a copy of a marriage certificate? For Religious, Insurance or Genealogy Research? Do you simply want to check a marriage record? Just answer the question... Was he/she married? We can help! We also have access to the marriage records of all states in the USA, including the territories and possessions* of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands, and Northern Mariana Islands. To check the requirements and the turnaround time for the state that you wish to order from, click HERE.

USAVital provides either an original paper copy of the Marriage Certificate, a certified copy or simply a verification that the marriage took place. The Marriage Certificate, is the document that proves that the marriage occurred and is legally binding, it is not to be confused with the Marriage License. The document that you request is sent to you directly from the state vital record repositories.
Click Here to Order!
Marriage Certificate vs. Marriage License: There are two separate documents: the marriage license is a legal document that authorizes a designated party to perform the ceremony, allowing you to get married; and the marriage certificate is the document that shows that the nuptials took place and is the official document that proves you are married. We are unable to issue Marriage Licenses. Only the state or the county where the ceremony is to take place can provide those.
Keep in Mind When Requesting a copy of a Marriage Certificate......
When ordering a copy of a marriage certificate, please give as much information as you can. We can search up to a 10 year range if you are unsure of the exact date of the marriage. make sure that you specify the range of years that you want searched during the online ordering process. The marriage certificate will have been filed at the the office of the County Clerk, Recorder or Registrar of Vital Statistics where the marriage license was issued. This may not always be the same place where the marriage ceremony took place! So if you remember that the ceremony occurred in one town, it may be that the actual marriage license was issued from a different town nearby.
How can this happen? Well, lets say that the groom lives in Denver, Colorado, and he is dispatched by the loving bride-to-be to get the paperwork sorted out. He goes to the Office of Vital Statistics down the street (in Denver) and obtains the marriage license. 
However, the brides parents are holding the ceremony in Boulder (only 30 miles away). The nuptials take place on a sunny day at the foot of the mountains in Boulder in the garden, and the signing by the parties and the witnesses occurs there. THAT is where everyone remembers the "marriage" as having taken place. The happy groom then goes back home to Denver and files the marriage license. The marriage certificate is stored at the Denver Office of Vital Statistics.
We are asked to provide a copy of the marriage certificate and are told that the "wedding" took place in Boulder. We search the Boulder marriage records and come up with nothing. We should have searched the Denver records.
The solution to this..... give us as much information as you can about the marriage. If you know where the license was issued, then tell us that! We charge a fee for each LOCATION that we search. A search request that comes back as "no record found" will not be credited back UNLESS it is clearly our mistake that the wrong location was searched. If we have made the error then your money will be refunded cheerfully with our apologies.
Click Here to Order!

PLEASE NOTE: In California the bride and groom can specify that the marriage certificate be kept "confidential". IF we search for a CONFIDENTIAL marriage certificate then we will charge you for the search, but CANNOT provide the marriage certificate document itself. Usually confidential marriage certificates are for ceremonies between celebrity partners, but that is not always the case. We CANNOT check to see if the record is confidential in advance. To obtain a confidential marriage certificate we may be required to present a notarized and signed authorization document. Please be aware that if we search for a confidential marriage certificate in the state of California we will NOT be able to credit the charge back. If you have any questions about this, please call us at:
1-800-315-7678 (or 303-455-8855 if outside of the US)

* The U.S. has twelve unincorporated territories, also known as possessions, and two commonwealths. We can obtain birth records from only a few of these territories. The major possessions are American Samoa, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The major commonwealths are Puerto Rico and the Northern Mariana. We are not able at present able to provide birth certificates from Guam, the US Virgins and Puerto Rico. The residents of all of these places are full U.S. citizens, with the exception of those on American Samoa who are U.S. nationals, but not citizens. (U.S. Commonwealths/Territories: American Samoa, Baker Island, Howland Island, Guam, Jarvis Island, Kingman Reef, Midway Islands, Navassa Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Palmyra Atoll, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Croix, St. John and St. Thomas), and Wake Island).
For further information about the services offered by USAVital contact
Customer Service by email or call 1-800-315-7678 (or 303-455-8855 if outside of the US). Our fax number is 1-877-587-4455 (303-455-4771 if outside of the US). Our hours of business are from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Mountain Standard Time (MST), Monday - Friday. Our offices are located at 1760 Gaylord Street, Denver, Colorado, 80206. For technical problems, contact Webmaster, Jason Hicks.
If you call to cancel your order BEFORE the order is processed, then there will be a $15 cancellation charge assessed. BUT please be advised that ONCE your request has been transmitted to our researchers it is NOT possible for us to cancel the charges, or change or expedite the order. Credit card fraud is an ongoing problem. For unsubstantiated, contested, or fraudulent credit card charges, there will be an additional $25.00 MINIMUM processing charge, PLUS collection and legal fees, IF incurred. If you call to cancel your order BEFORE the order is processed, then there will be a $15 cancellation charge assessed. BUT please be advised that ONCE your request has been transmitted to our researchers it is NOT possible for us to cancel the charges, or change or expedite the order. By placing an order with us you hereby agree to these terms.



Birth Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Divorce Records
Death Records
Current Online Pricing
State by State
Site Map
Become an Affiliate!
We pay a monthly commission for all online sales of Birth, Marriage, Death and Divorce Records that you send to our site. Sign up and become a distribution partner with USAVital! >>Affiliate Sign-up



| Home | Order | Login | Contact Us | Terms & ConditionsSite Map |  

The contents of this site are Copyright 2001-2012, Inc.  All Rights Reserved