Policies and Statements
- General information
- User Agreement
- Security Statement
- Ordering Information
This agreement by and between USAVital and the individuals and/or companies utilizing our services (User), and shall consist of the following understandings and conditions:
User agrees to:
- Read and maintain on file a copy of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Chapter Nine of the Technical Assistance Manual (Title 1) for the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Accept responsibility for using information provided by USAVital (Consumer Reports) in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Public Law 91-508 and American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Be aware that some states have stricter “Human Rights” and ADA based statutes in force for employers. Compliance with these laws is the responsibility of the User.
- Obtain proper release and authorization from each applicant.
- Recognize that information is obtained and managed by fallible sources, and that for the fee charged, USAVital cannot guarantee or insure the accuracy or depth of the information provided.
- Assume responsibility for the final verification of the applicant’s identity.
- Accept the fact that USAVital employees are not allowed to render any opinions regarding information contained in a consumer report. Hiring decisions or any actions must be based on User policies and procedures.
- Give the applicant the USAVital 1-800- telephone number and address if information provided in a consumer report is responsible for suspension or termination of the application process.
- Use Identity Verification and Credit Reports for employment, skip tracing or tenant screening purposes only.
- Accept and agree that the information provided to you by USAVital cannot and will not be resold you.
- Request a consumer report for employment purposes, only after providing written documentation to applicant informing them that a consumer report may be obtained for employment purposes and after applicant has authorized in writing the procurement of such report.
- Only take adverse action due to information obtained in the consumer report, after providing to the consumer: a copy of the consumer report, a copy of the Summary of Consumer Rights in the format approved by the FTC, notification of adverse action in written, oral or electronic form including USAVital’s name, address and phone number, a statement indicating that USAVital’s did not make the decision to take adverse action, and notification to the consumer of their right to obtain a free copy of the report within 60 days of adverse action and to dispute the accuracy or completeness of the report.
- Recognize the sensitive nature of information provided, hold such information in strict confidence, and only use such information for purposes outlined in the disclosure.
- Understand that any person who knowingly and willfully obtains a consumer report under false pretenses may face criminal prosecution (Section 619).
- Pay for services based on a statement provided. Terms are NET 30 days. Accounts in arrears will assume a finance charge of two percent (2%) per month plus a $15.00 late charge fee per incident. If an account goes to collection, User agrees to pay all expenses including legal fees.
- Be aware that if an account remains inactive for twelve consecutive months, it will be closed.
- Acknowledge that a facsimile of this agreement is as valid as an original.
- Use our information for their own uses only and will not resell this information to any third parties.
- Comply with all applicable laws in the preparation and transmission of reports as defined in 15 USC-1681 et sec. regulated by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Follow reasonable quality assurance procedures to assure maximum possible accuracy of information.
- Re-verify at no cost when a User makes the request by telephone or the subject makes the request in writing. Our responses shall be made in writing and delivered in a timely manner.
- Maintain consumer report information and transaction details for a minimum of two years. During an inquiry, the subject of the report has the right to learn the name of the User ordering information and has the right to be informed of the substance of the report ordered by the User when a written request is made to us.
- Provide consumer information in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Maintain confidentiality of its data acquisition and verification methodology.
- Our reports are designed to give you more information so that you can make informed decisions. They are not intended to replace legal advice. Depending upon your business and federal and state laws, other issues should be addressed.
- USAVital is a “Consumer Reporting Agency” under the definition of the FCRA. The information provided to User under this agreement is a “Consumer Report” under the definition of the FCRA.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Colorado. Any disputes under this agreement shall be determined by the courts of Denver, Colorado.
- Privacy statement - USAVital respects the privacy of all website visitors. This Policy is intended to inform you of the ways in which this website collects information, the ways that we may use or share that information, and the ways in which we will protect any information you choose to provide us. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein, we reserve the right under certain circumstances to share the information we collect without your consent, unless prohibited by law.
- There are four types of information that this site may collect during your visit:
- Network Traffic Logs - In the course of ensuring network security and consistent service for all users, the University employs software programs to do such things as monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access or access to nonpublic information, detect computer viruses and other software that might damage USAVital computers or the network, and monitor and tune the performance of the USAVital network. In the course of such monitoring, these programs may detect such information as email headers, addresses from network packets, and other information. Information from these activities is used for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing the security and performance of the USAVital's networks and computer systems. Personally identifiable information from these activities is not released to external parties without your consent.
- Web Visit Logs - This website routinely collects and stores information from online visitors to help manage the site and improve service. This information includes the pages visited on the site, the date and time of the visit, the internet address (URL or IP address) of the referring site, the domain name and IP address from which the access occurred, the version of browser used, the capabilities of the browser, and search terms used on our search engines. This site makes no attempt to identify individual visitors from this information: any personally identifiable information is not released to external parties without your consent.
- Voluntary Information - In the course of using this website, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. For example, you may send us electronic mail (through a mailer or a web form) to request information, you may sign up for a mailing list, or you may send us your address so we may send you an application or other material. Any personally-identifiable information you send us will be used only for the specific purpose indicated. Requests for information will be directed to the appropriate staff to respond to the request, and may be recorded to help us update our site to better respond to similar future requests. We will not sell, exchange, or otherwise distribute your personally-identifiable information without your consent. We do not retain the information longer than necessary for normal operations. Each web page requesting information discloses the purpose of that information. If you do not wish to have the information used in the manner indicated, you are not required to provide it. Please contact the person listed on the specific page, or listed below, with questions or concerns on the use of personally-identifiable information
- Cookie Information - When you visit this website, a "cookie" is sent to your computer and stored by your web browser. A cookie is a small text file that contains an anonymous string of characters that is unique to your computer. The cookie allows our website to recognize your computer when you visit us again. The cookie does not store or collect your personal information and it does not track your internet browsing, beyond your use of this website. The cookie allows the University to personalize your online experience. You can control whether or not your web browser accepts cookies by altering the settings on your computer. If you direct your web browser not to accept cookies, some parts of this website may not function properly.
USAVital does not use, sell, or distribute any of the information that we collect from you in the course of our investigations.
If you feel that USAVital is not abiding by its posted privacy policies, or if you have questions or concerns regarding this statement of our Privacy Policies, then you should first contact Customer Service by e-mail or phone on (800) 315-7678, or (303) 455-8855, if outside the US.
If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, then send us a letter with your concerns to the address listed on our Contact Us web page. Please note that we receivea very large volume of email transactions both from existing clients, and general inquiries regarding our services.We do our very best to reply in a timely fashion, but please be patient, as complex or unusual requests always take longer.
Information Collection and Use
USAVital obtains its information from the relevant state and county repositories, courts and record offices where records are stored. We do not sell any non-public information. We will not sell, share, or rent this informationto others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. USAVital collects information from our users at several different points on our website and uses the information for internal marketing and administration purposes only. All users must havean appropriate use for the information and agree to abide by all local and federal laws regarding thepurchase and dissemination of said information.
Our web page does not automatically collect specific information (i.e. e-mail addresses) about visitors. Aggregate and summary statistics are ONLY collected as ameasure of our website’s effectiveness.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the online registration form. During registration a user is required to give their contact information (such as nameand emailaddress). This information is used to contact the user about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest.
We request information from the user on our order form. Here a user must provide contact information (likename and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer orders.If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user.
We use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies donot retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that USAVital is not responsible for the privacy policies of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.These privacy policies apply solely to information collected by this Web site.
Supplementation of Information
USAVital does not supplement user information collected on oursite with information from third party sources.
Newsletter, Site and Service Updates
We also occasionally send out periodic emails with site and service announcement updates. Registered members are encouraged to receive e-mail service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regardsto issues relating totheir account via email or phone.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a users personal information changes (such as your address or telephone number), or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide away to correct, update or remove that users personal data provided to us. This can be done by e-mailing our Customer Service department.
Notification of Changes
By using this site, you signify your assent to abide by the Privacy policies and practices of USAVital, as outlined in this document. If you do not agree with the terms of this policy, please do not use oursite. Should we change the way in which we use your personal information, we will get your consent before using your information in this new way.
The accuracy and validity of our site is very important to us. If you spot inaccuracies of any kind, or if you feel that statements we making are not fully representational of our services, then please email our Customer Service Department.
Copyright © 1996 - 2021. USAVital, Inc., legal address, 1760 N Gaylord Street, Denver, Colorado, 80206, U.S.A. All rights reserved.
As part of conducting business with USAVital, you are entitled to use, copy and distribute documents and related graphics available from this World Wide Web server (“Server”), so long as:
- The above copyright notice appears in all copies and that both the copyright notice and this permission notice appear, and
- You do not modify or change, in any way, any of the documents or related graphics available from this Server, and
- You do not use, copy or distribute, separately from its accompanying text, any graphics available from this Server.
BackgroundsUSA conducts business under the following DBA’s (doing business as), and subsidiary companies:
All other products, domains, and company names mentioned herein are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
BACKGROUNDSUSA CORPORATION MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS SERVER FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. BACKGROUNDSUSA CORPORATION HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL BACKGROUNDSUSA CORPORATION BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS OR GRAPHICS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SERVER, OR REPORTS, INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS RESULTING FROM THE CONDUCT OF BUSINESS WITH BACKGROUNDSUSA.
THE INFORMATION, DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS SERVER COULD INCLUDE ERRORS OR TECHNICAL INACCURACIES. BACKGROUNDSUSA PERIODICALLY CHANGES OR ADDS TO THE INFORMATION, AND BACKGROUNDSUSA™ MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE PRODUCT(S), METHODS OF BUSINESS, PRICING, AND TERMS AND AGREEMENTS DESCRIBED HEREIN AT ANY TIME.
Restricted Rights Legend
The use of the information and reports provided by BackgroundsUSA as part of the conduct of business is governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), 15 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq., INCLUDING the amendments to the FCRA set forth in the Consumer Credit Reporting Reform Act of 1996 (Public Law 104-208, the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 1997, Title II, Subtitle D, Chapter 1), Section 311 of the Intelligence Authorization for Fiscal Year 1998 (Public Law 105-107), the Consumer Reporting Employment Clarification Act of 1998 (Public Law 105-347), Section 506 of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Public Law 106-102), and Sections 358(g) and 505(c) of the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001 (USA PATRIOT Act) (Public Law 107-56).
We take your backgrounds screening order order through an online ordering system. The system is secure and all connections are encrypted. Simply click on any Order NOW link found in this site to begin the ordering process. Your search is completely confidential, and will not be revealed to any third-party.
SO 9001:2015 certified Record Sourcing company with an in-house IT and programming department, and full-time professional processing staff.
Awarded its GSA Schedule in 2010, and received its first GSA contract in the same year.
NAPBS Member companies are defined as “consumer reporting agencies” pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and are regulated by both the FTC and CFPB.
As recognized leaders in local public record searching and document retrieval, PRRN Members agree to follow the highest ethical standards of professional conduct for local searching and document retrieval procedures as well as in all their dealings with other members and clients.
USAVital is a full-service professional employment screening company that was started in 2014 as a subsidiary of BackgroundsUSA. BackgroundsUSA has been in active operation for over 20 years, beginning operations in 1997.
Record Sourcing company, 22 years in business, ISO 9001:2015 certified, NAPBS founding member, with a full-time professional processing staff, in-house IT and programming department.